Friday, October 15, 2010

MIDNIGHT VISIT by NakedSha

...Omonoba...
Our people say:
Yoruba: Ìrẹ́jẹ ò sí nínúu fọ́tò; bí o bá ṣe jókòó ni o ó bàá ara-à rẹ.
Eng: There is no cheating in photography; it is just as you sit that you will find your image. - Yoruba Proverb.
....................................................................................................................................
I like this proverb. Let's think how the ancestors were thinking before Photoshop and co. 
....................................................................................................................................
Before today;s main business, I'd like to share an interest with you. I like to send (and receive) postcards and letters (obviously). So, if you would, let me know and I'd be glad to receive a POSTCARD from you!!! YEY! And then, I'd send you a POSTCARD too of beautiful Boulder, Colorado. This applies to whoever and wherever in the world. In the past months, I have sent out a couple of postcards to some bloggers. So, be part of this.

So, my readers asked particularly for the full versions of the poetry excerpts that I posted last time here. I have posted MIDNIGHT VISIT by NAKEDSHA. Don't forget to leave your comments. :)


Midnight Visit.
Would you peep at my window
tonight? Four panes sit ajar.
I teach you constantly,
the techniques of this thing;
our love. Let’s call it that.
Listen with care, pay attention.
Last time you stumbled into
Butler’s window. He awoke.
Take the verandah tonight,
wear dark trousers and tunic.
Gracious! If Baker should
notice you, I would not
acknowledge you.
I left your bicycle beneath
the stairwell. If Nursemaid
sees you, say the cycle
is your mission. Never take
the back garden. Mother
will hear you creep,
she sleeps as a bird.
And Mother’s done this before,
when Pa was a boy.
She would scold life out of me;
perhaps, Baker will help roast me.

Blessings,
NakedSha.

12 comments:

  1. Heyyy..the intricacies of young love. It also seems the girl is better off than the boy too? Nice one, didn't get the last line. Baker would roast her life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this poem NakedSha. Simplicity and sweet :) I write and write well, but I wish I could write poetry like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another place I love visiting, especially because I'm treated well.

    Your blog is like a VIP section of the internet - Good soul food and liquor.

    Till further notice,
    AfroSays

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Myne, Thank you for reading :)

    @Miss Natural, thank you thank you... :)

    @Afrosays, Ah! Thank you, this is very complimentary.


    I do my best to provide you 'soul food'and 'liquor' in afrosays words...keep reading.
    Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me likey... me realley, really likey! :) Had an a nite like that YEARS ago, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole thing made a whole lot of sense now... beariful!

    RE: postcards
    When I get to NZ, wld send u my addy :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep imagining you doing a spoken word thing for this poem - it would be lively. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole poem makes sense now and this is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear.. You're on another level o..
    Totally would go for this any day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Kay9, ha! I'd like to hear about it. :) Thank you.

    @LDP. thank you. Yes. let me know when you get back.

    @Mwajim, I also think the same. I have an open mic coming up. I plan to expand this poem and do a spoken word piece. maybe I'll get it on video and post it. Thank you ma!

    @lara, Thank you, :)

    @2cute 4 u. thanks :)))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my maggi!