Saturday, September 29, 2012

Out of my Head: Abuse

...Omonoba...
Our people say: He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches.
....................................................................................................................................

We were having a conversation on Myne Whitman's blog about Domestic Violence. The discussion was among Myne, a certain Anonymous and me. You can find the full convo here.

Let me reiterate:

In response to anonymous' comment against vilifying abusers:


In response to Anonymous' comment against cut and dried solutions to issues and suggestion that it may pay off to stay in an abusive relationship for children, etc:

In response to Anonymous' suggestion that church people may be the best to confide in during abuse:
Bless,
NakedSha.

4 comments:

  1. Well said! Abuse should NEVER be supported. It behooves the abused to speak up and get out. When an abused person keeps silent, they are giving the abuser tacit permission to continue the abuse. It is especially important for women (and men) with children to understand that tolerating abuse does NOT hold a family together; rather you are setting a very bad example for your children where they will grow up to be either abusers or the abused. Say NO to domestic violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheat
    this is not a post
    You did cut and paste
    off myne's article
    by the way, where is nakedsha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim said...
    @ Naedsha
    I read your post about refusing to be 100% submissive to a husband who is incapable of loving and honoring his wife on another site. Your courage to stand up and speak the truth despite social peer pressure is inspirational. I pray that the Word of God will continue to be your strength and shield!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kim (Moderator),

    I appreciate your prayers. I pray that the God that I serve and believe in will guide me and I will allow Him to guide me thoroughly. While I do that, I hope I can show people how the God I serve is a God of liberation not one of bondage.

    Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are my maggi!